Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thoughts

Wolverine trapping is coming to an end. I'm getting used to the idea that we didn't catch a thing. People say it's hard, but it's hard on the catcher too...not to mention the budget. I'll be transitioning into the spring/summer season. Looking forward to a summer not in the field all the time. I'll have a few trips but will be based in Girdwood, for the first time in 4 years. I'm looking forward to it. My summer is filling up however with friends and family visiting. I'm also gearing up for my second Gold Nugget Triathlon in May, great motivator to get moving. I'm currently getting ready to leave the state for a month; CA, UT and some past due visiting in MN.
On another note, if your an Iditarod fan...the front funner will cross the finish line this evening, it has been a fairy tale race. The winner (well not officially but he's 3 hours ahead) happens to be a musher that a good friend of mine "handled" for for a few years. Lance Mackey will be the first to win both 1000 mile races in a year (Iditarod and the Yukon Quest) this is a super big deal in the mushing/Alaska world. It is pretty cool, I even got to know some of his dogs... check out the coverage and stories http://www.adn.com/iditarod/ I've been addicted...

See some of you real soon!!

No comments: