Thursday, April 5, 2007

Pollen

The training course concluded today, I have to say it was one of the best I've been to. Very "touchy feely" for the Forest Service. This particular assemblage of folks worked really well together, sparked. There was even a skit last night at our group dinner, our professor was very impressed, then the karaoke started...I got a chance to prove just how well I know Bon Jovi songs. I may know the words, but ever since my second grade music teacher said I had no tone, I've never had much confidence in the actual signing part.

I'm coming away from this course with lots of new tools but the two biggest things I learned were - always assume positive intent from those you first judge to be hampering the process or well, stupid. and seek to understand before being understood. Things that can relate to the non-office world as well. I also had a great time learning about personality types.

On the road.

Drove through the Sierra's today to Lake Tahoe. Beautiful drive. Staying in Tahoe tonight and tomorrow starts my Hwy 50 adventure, the loneliest road in America. I've researched hot springs and hope to take a soak or two.

I've forgotten how bad allergies suck, excuse my french. I don't have any problems in AK. "They" say it's the worst it's been in years, but don't they always say that...warmest, wettest, buggiest, coldest. If they didn't say such things what we have to talk about?
At least I like the flowers so I won't complain anymore.


Photo of sunset on Lake Tahoe.

No comments: